Production Systems Technologies
Production Systems Technologies (PST) is the most experienced supplier of
high-performance rule-based systems. A spin-off of Carnegie-Mellon University,
PST was founded in 1983 to develop and market state of the art rule-based tools.
The founder and chief scientist of Production Systems Technologies is Dr. Charles Forgy,
inventor of the now open-source RETE algorithm, and the principal designer of OPS5, the language in which
the first commercially successful expert system was written. PST has a proven track record
of providing practical tools for solving real world problems. Major companies in North America,
Europe, and Japan have used PST tools to develop and field operational rule-based systems
for over a decade.
The following short list is a sample of the thousands of users who have
developed operational expert systems with PST's tools throughout our long history in the field of
rule engine design and implementation.
"Any other language would have resulted in
prototypes but not real products."
Marialuisa Sanseverino, FIAT
"I'm not impressed with anybody's performance
except yours. How could anyone choose anything else?"
Dr. Pamela Surko, SAIC
"We realized a speedup of 50 times over our LISP
system, achieving exactly what we wanted--real time performance."
Prof. Joseph Bates, CMU
"Our OPERA project would not have been
successful without OPS/83, and your help in moving it to other
platforms has been great."
John Martin, NYNEX
- Abacus Programming Corporation - Van Nuys, CA
- ALCOA Process Control Division - Pittsburgh, PA
- Applied Technology Company, Ltd. - Osaka, Japan
- AT&T Bell Laboratories - Warren, NJ
- Comprimo BV - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- CRIF Industrial Automation - Brussels, Belgium
- Dowty Communications Ltd. - Watford, England
- Elf Oil Company - St. Symphorien d'Ozon, France
- Fabrica Italiana Apparecchiature Radioeletiriche - Italy
- Fides Informatique - Geneva, Switzerland
- Ford Aerospace Corporation - Houston, TX
- Ford Motor Company - Sandusky, Ohio
- Flygt AB - Emmaboda, Sweden
- GSI Transcomm - Pittsburgh, PA
- Hasler Limited - Bern, Switzerland
- Hughes Aircraft Company - El Segundo, CA
- Iguchi Research Institute - Osaka, Japan
- Institute for Scientific and Industrial Research - Osaka, Japan
- ITT Kami-Fukuoka Research Institute - Tokyo, Japan
- Kansai Electric Power Company, Ltd. - Japan
- Leeds and Northrup Company - North Wales, PA
- LNK Corporation - Riverdale, MD
- Mesarteam SpA - Torino, Italy
- Mitsubishi Mining and Cement Co., Ltd. - Japan
- Mitsui Shipbuilding Company, Ltd. - Japan
- Motorola Suisse SA - Geneva, Switzerland
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration - Boulder, CO
- Naval Ocean Systems Center - San Diego, CA
- Naval Oceanographic & Atmospheric Research - Stennis Space Center, MS
- Niigata Steel Industries Co., Ltd. - Japan
- Nippon Steel - Japan
- Nokia Corporation - Espoo, Finland
- Oak Ridge National Laboratories - Oak Ridge, TN
- Odyss'ia - Blagnac, France
- Pitney Bowes Inc. - Stamford, CT
- Rockwell International - Downey, CA
- SAIC - San Diego, CA
- Salcris Corporation - Birmingham, AL
- Siemens Corporate Research - Princeton, NJ
- SINTEF-RUNIT - Trondheim, Norway
- TeleLogic - Malmoe, Sweden
- Tokyo University - Tokyo, Japan
- Toyama Research Association - Toyama, Japan
- Toyo Engineering Company, Ltd. - Japan
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation - Pittsburgh, PA
- Yokogawa-Hewlett Packard - Tokyo, Japan
- Note: These testimonials and this list contain only companies and individuals that have given written permission to be listed.
- Note II: These lists have not been updated in a very long time.